The Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts is a non-profit trade association of home care agencies that promotes home care as an integral part of the health care delivery system. Founded in 1969, our mission is to "unite people and organizations to advance community health through care and services in the home."
As of December 2015, the Alliance has more than 180 Agency Members from all corners of Massachusetts, as well as dozens of Allied and Individual Members. Membership is voluntary – the Alliance is not a government entity – but provides essential resources to our members to help stay informed and thrive.
To learn more about our daily activities, visit our Calendar of Events or Newsfeed/Blog. To learn about our services, read our Guide to Member Benefits.
Alliance Mission Statement
Uniting people and organizations to advance community health through care and service in the home.
Our Core Values
These core operating values guide our actions, our staff and our Board of Directors:
- Responsiveness – We will meet our members’ needs with dynamic programs and services that are current and reflect member input;
- Integrity – We will act ethically and honestly with all of our partners and publics;
- Passion – We will express and communicate our strong belief in what we do and its value to individuals, families, and society;
- Continuous Learning – We commit to the power of shared learning and an approach to care that makes evident our professionalism;
- Respect – We welcome open and honest dialogue that respects concurring as well as dissenting viewpoints
Our Vision Critical Strategies
The Alliance will implement the following strategies to achieve our shared vision:
- We will act to mobilize our collective energies and give voice to our shared stories in ways that successfully influence programs and policies
- We will articulate a strategy that brings people together for positive change
- We will develop and disseminate mission-critical information to keep members’ knowledge current and we will promote research to improve delivery of, and access to, home care services
- We will offer learning opportunities that engage participants and advance the success of our members and partners
- We will engage in fiscally responsible conduct and make wise business decisions governing the use of membership dues revenue